Sunday, June 11, 2006

Birthday number 25

Even though I was far away from home, I had a really good time on my birthday and my Chilean family and friends made me feel special and loved. On Friday morning, June 9, my mom had told me that I needed to be back home that night at 8:30 pm for a big family dinner for my birthday and I promised her I would be there. I had a really good day on Friday: we had fun in track and field in the morning and then I spent the rest of the day with my language partner, Natalia at the big art exhibit in town (Goya, Picasso, Miro) and then we went out for coffee.
When I opened the door of my apartment at about 8:45 pm I was surprised to see all of my friends and my family sitting in the living room with balloons and lots of food. The night was filled with lots of joking, toasts, great food, music and gifts. The boys brought me flowers, Katie made me chocolate banana cake, Brittany made me fudge, my family gave me some great chilean looking jeans and the whole group got together to give me an authentic chilean bag and socks filled with lots of candy.
After the fun at home we walked down to the corner to the Plaza Nunoa where one of our favorite bars -Hachi Biachi- is located and spent a few more hours talking and sharing stories.
All in all it was one of the most memorable birthdays I have ever had and I feel lucky that I have such a cool group of friends and family here. Thanks guys! I love you all!

16 Comments:

At 4:10 AM, Blogger Wendy said...

Wait a sec, Sarah, your birthday's on the 9th? Really? How did we not know that? (That's Nick's b-day too, so it's my double favorite day now.)

 
At 4:11 AM, Blogger Wendy said...

And it goes without saying, "Happy Bithday! Wish we were there!" ;p

 
At 2:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah,

How awesome is that!!!! Happy birthday. I must have missed the notifier on Facebook. Oops :) I'm so glad you had such a great time!!!!! :)

 
At 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Above comment by Tally.... yeah.. hehe :)

 
At 7:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah,
I missed calling you this year on your birthday! It looks like you had a great 25th. I was in Michigan for my brother's wedding a couple weeks ago, so I thought of you while I was there. Happy birthday!

Lovin' from Philly,
e

 
At 4:19 AM, Blogger Katie said...

Sarah,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I've missed you bunches, but I'm glad I have been able to live vicariously through your blogspot.
Love ya girl!!

 
At 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sa!!!

YouR HAir IS lOVelY!!! I liKE iT... And DenG U SuRE HAd a pAr-Teeh!!!! HappY BiRthDay!!!!

In ITAlY RiTE noW,
W (^_*)

 
At 3:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oye gringa... porqué has dejado de escribir?

 
At 12:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hola lokilla!!! tanto tiempo me lei todo tu blog..completito!! jajaj espero que estes bien y supongo que trabajando a full( asi se dice aca) jjaja no escribo en ingle spor que me da miedo jajaja imaginate digo algo mal? todos tus amigos sabran!1 que verguanza galla me mato!!! jajajaja ya mi niña espero que estes bien cuidate y saludos

 
At 7:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.

 
At 3:33 AM, Anonymous 天皇賞 秋 2010 said...

第142回 天皇賞 秋 2010 今年の波乱を大予想!出走馬の厳選された情報だけを公開…気になるアノ馬の仕上がり具合とは?さらにオッズやデータを分析し、必勝買い目を導き出す!結果につなげるのはあなた次第!

 
At 1:56 AM, Anonymous グリー said...

グリーから始まる新しい関係…恋人や友達、もしかしたらセクフレも出来るかも!?無料期間中に試してみませんか?

 
At 1:16 AM, Anonymous 神待ち said...

訳アリで家出した少女が神様の救いを待つ神待ち掲示板です!家に帰りたくない、帰れない少女達に愛の手を差し伸べてあげませんか

 
At 4:25 AM, Anonymous 阪神ジュベナイルフィリーズ 2010 said...

阪神ジュベナイルフィリーズ 2010 枠順から勝ち馬予想!オッズから分かる隠れた注目馬・・・過去の結果やデータから分かる誰もが驚く枠馬を大公開

 
At 3:41 AM, Anonymous モバゲー said...

クリスマスに1人だなんてこの日本最大級のコミュニティサイトモバゲーにはあなたと同じ境遇の方がわんさかいるのに!ご近所さんで探す?プロフで探す?出会い方はあなた次第!

 
At 7:33 AM, Anonymous 逆援助バイト said...

逆援するなら絶対このサイトで間違いないよ!!!すげえ美人が凄い金額でお前の事買ってくれるぜ

 

Post a Comment

<< Home