Monday, May 29, 2006

Family Time

My sisters and I (from top to bottom: me, Catalina (Cata - 14), Maria Jose (Kote - 17)
Living with a Chilean family has been a really fun experience and I have learned so much more than had I been living on my own. My family spoils me like crazy and it will be hard to go back to living by myself. My Chilean mom stays at home and takes care of the house, so every day my room and bathroom are cleaned, my clothes are washed, my breakfast is laid out on the table, my lunch is packed, and my dinner is ready for me when I get home. Sometimes I feel like it is the life of luxury here because I don’t have to go grocery shopping or cook. The only thing that I have had to get used to is keeping my room clean. My Chilean mom likes things very organized and gets upset if I leave things on the floor or if I leave my bed unmade; thus, out of respect, I have had to change habits of being a semi-messy person into being a very organized person. I think, however, that the trade-off is more than fair =)
Slowly but surely I have been getting to know my Chilean sisters better and the other night we decided to have a photo shoot. We posed in a lot of different positions and there was definitely a lot of laughing involved. Yesterday I went shopping in one of the huge open-air markets with my sisters and they helped me pick out some cool Chilean things. Being 14 and 17 they are totally into fashion, music, and guys and it is fun to hang out with them. Since the beginning, though, the 14 year-old, Catalina, has wanted to cut my hair in a Chilean way and I finally let her do it last night. Thus, the pictures of me in the photo shoot are the last ones I have of me with my normal, long American-looking hair. Catalina is very good with hair, nails, makeup …etc. And my haircut is definitely Chilean . . .it is very interesting, but fun and I am having a good time learning how to be more Chilean like them fashion-wise.

2 Comments:

At 8:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"SEMI"-messy person? LOL - I hope you're being sarcastic! :P - Al

 
At 11:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BWAhAHHAhAHHAhAHhahAa... Dem Pix ARe FunniE!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home